Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Believing - More Than

Yesterday, I had a friend find me on my facebook account. He was one of my best friends in college. I'm sad to say, but we have not done a good job of staying in touch over all the years.
Dave, if you read this, accept my apologies.

I'll never forget the day that Dave came back to school after a weekend retreat and stated "Guess what, I got saved over the weekend." What??? You are already a believer in Christ. You go to church, you lead the BSU bible study, you are a great guy. What do you mean?

Dave's answer made me reflect upon my beliefs and faith. He said, Scott, I have always believed in Jesus, but I never fully turned my life over to him.
It's like believing that the chair you see can support your weight, but you never sit in it.
It's like seeing a parachute and believing it can save your life, but you never put it on.

That weekend, Dave stopped "just believing in Jesus" and he started living with Him and for Him.

You know, I think there are a lot of people that believe in Jesus, but they have never put their trust in him. They are not willing to obey and follow him. What's ironic, is that obedience to Christ is what leads to a completely fulfilled life.
If you are going to profess to be a follower of Christ, your life should reflect the way he wants you to live.

Stop Clowning Around: Stop "Just Believing" and actually trust and obey Christ.

No comments: