Thursday, August 20, 2009

Exciting God

I am reading an old, stapled together document from the Assemblies of God National Sunday School Department. I am re-writing a section for the all those that may work as children's ministers and not get a chance to read this yourself.
I have no idea how you would ever find it. The paper almost falls apart as I turn the pages.

In every part of your children's church program, excitement is the key to success. We teach the children that it is exciting to serve Jesus. Children's church is exciting, not fun! It can be fun, but it should always be exciting.
We serve a living, exciting Savior. The children need to experience this concept. Church should be the most exciting place in a child's life. the Bible should be the most exciting book. You should be the most exciting person they meet. You are God's person for those kids. Children's church is the most important hour of the week. If you are a dead-pan the rest of the week, it better not carry over to Sunday morning. Get hyped up! Get all excited!

Some Sundays we have to hype ourselves up. How can you do this?
  • Look in the mirror and laugh
  • run around the church
  • cheer for Jesus
  • Pray for the children by name - declare His victory
  • Dream/Visualize the Results
  • Tell the kids you are excited
  • Mountain Dew
I'm glad I serve a God that makes me EXCITED

No comments: