Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Where Should I Send My Kid To School

In a couple weeks I will be sending my oldest son off to kindergarten.
Please wait while I dry my eyes.

As a christian parent, wanting to raise my child up with a strong Biblical foundation, I never knew the decision of how or where to send my child for his education would be such a difficult decision.
My wife and I discussed, debated, rationalized, and agonized over this decision for at least a year and a half.

Here were my thoughts
Public School - I'm not sure my child is ready to be around the worlds constant influence.
Private School - Why should I pay for school when I already pay taxes. Besides, I can't guarantee that he will be around great influences in private school.
Home School - Not enough social interaction
I have positive thoughts also, but these were my negatives for each option.

Very touchy subject. In fact, I probably just offended someone reading this.
That's because the topic of our children's education is so important to us parents seeking the best education for our kids while maintaining a Biblical influence in their life.

What I learned
  • There is not a perfect solution and no solution is more right or wrong than another. Although many will disagree with that comment.
  • I believe that it is important for a child to have a firm Biblical foundation set in place as they are exposed the the world driven by liberal media.
  • We as parents must realize that we are required to pour ourselves into the lives of our children everyday and show them how to live a Godly life based on biblical principles. If we don't live out our faith at home, regardless of where we send them for school or how much we keep them in church, they are likely to stray from the faith.

Our decision - Private School (At least for now)

No comments: