Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Record Of My Life

I once read that any life worth living is worth writing about.

Yesterday, I picked up an old journal of mine. When I opened it, I realized that I was in the habit of journaling every day back in 2006. I was afraid of what I would read, but I found myself laughing, loving, crying, and enjoying every moment as I relived precious memories that I had actually forgotten. I relived moments with Andrew and Olivia, Michelle, my dad, and my Father in Heaven (God).

My son is starting Kindergarten right away. Every experienced parent tells me the next thing I know is that I will be watching him walk down the isle for high school graduation. I'm told to hang on to every moment because they will be gone before I know it.
What better gift can I offer my children than to write about my experiences, my feelings, my goals, etc. so they can see how God has moved in the life of our family and they can experience how much I love them. Not to mention how much fun it is to just look back and relive the moments.

You know, my life is worth living (Thank you Jesus) and I think it is worth writing about.
I am sure your children will enjoy reading about your life as well.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for writing about our "adventure". You are my Carl (UP)!